During this coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, EHSP offers both specialized and our regular services to clients and our community. As health and safety consultants, we can help manage the risks and respond to the rapidly changing conditions.
Our Services in Response to COVID-19
Based on a review of our clients’ needs and current government directives, we offer the following services to address COVID-19 specific concerns:
- Review of site-specific conditions and preparation of scopes of work for cleaning and disinfection.
- Assist building owners, property managers, and all contractors with selection of proper personal protective equipment (PPE), respiratory fit testing, and training associated with the use of N95 and other respirators.
- Provide guidance and procedures for cleaning and disinfection of worksites which includes, but may not be limited to:
- Cleaning and disinfection strategies based on current guidelines;
- Recommendations of proper safe hygiene practices;
- Proper decontamination techniques for workers and their equipment, including handling and cleaning of respirator protective equipment; and
- Formal hazard/risk assessments.
- Provide recommendations on medical monitoring of employees such as temperature readings and other related symptoms.
Changes in Selected Services
In compliance with guidance from government offices and updated best practices, we are modifying the way some of our services are currently being offered. These include the following:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR) Audits: As per the Alberta Certifying Partners and the Partnerships in Injury Reduction, documentation only audits are now valid to maintain or renew a COR. This will be in effect until December 31, 2020. More information here.
- Asbestos Courses and Re-certification: We have resumed our regularly scheduled asbestos courses. To manage occupancy at our Calgary office, courses will be held at an external facility. The address will be provided upon registration for the course. To register, please call us at 1.877.243.6838. More information here.
Returning to Healthy Workplaces Speaker Series
With businesses returning to the new normal, one of the primary concerns is how to keep employees, clients, and the community safe and healthy in the midst of COVID-19. To help business owners plan for the safe return to healthy workplaces, we are proud to present this speaker series. Framed around the concept of integrated worker health, we discuss the need for a more holistic view on safety, risk assessment and communication, and exposure control.
Glyn Jones, Industrial Hygienist and Partner at EHSP, introduces the series with a discussion on what integrated worker health is and why it is important to consider not only the physical hazards that COVID-19 presents, but also employees’ mental wellness, work-life balance, and healthy relationships.
Spencer Matthes, EHSP Calgary’s Senior Industrial Hyenist, builds on the information provided in Part 1 of this speaker series to talk about how we can evaluate and control the hazards related to COVID-19 and communicate the risk.
Robbie Carrozza, EHSP’s Edmonton-based Senior Industrial Hygienist, goes into detail on cleaning and disinfecting methods for various surfaces. He also discusses how to conduct confirmatory testing to ensure that the cleaning methodologies are effective.