In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Alberta Certifying Partners announced that all certification, re-certification, and maintenance audits will be conducted on a documentation only basis. The directive is applicable until December 31, 2020.
Certifying or Re-certifying Audits – Document only COR audits must achieve an overall score of 80%. There will be no minimum score requirement for individual elements. A passing score will result in a 1-year COR certification only.
Maintenance Audits – Document only COR audits must achieve an overall score of 60%. There will be no minimum score requirement for individual elements.
The 1-year COR for documentation-only audits will result in COR rebates for the company, if applicable.
It is encouraged that transfer of information for documentation review be conducted electronically. On-site documentation review may be conducted, provided that all individuals adhere to the appropriate social distancing and hygiene practices.
In general, for audits where interviews, site observation tours and other onsite data gathering was completed prior to the week of March 16, 2020, standard requirements (i.e., documentation review, interviews, site observation tours) still apply.
A Certificate of Recognition (COR) is awarded to employers with a health and safety program in place that meets standards established by Occupational Health and Safety. There are 2 kinds of CORs available:
- Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)
- Intended for companies with up to 10 employees
- Should a company with SECOR grow, a transition program to get a standard COR can follow
- Intended for companies with more than 10 employees
Our trained and experienced COR auditors will assess your program through a Certifying Partner (CP). A CP is an organization that develops the audit tool and awards COR/SECOR to the successful employer. There are various CPs in Canada, all serving specific industries. Our auditors are certified to conduct audits for the following CPs:
- Energy Safety Canada (formerly Enform)
- Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships (AASP)
- Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA)
- Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association (AMHSA)
- Continuing Care Association (CCSA)
- Alberta Safety Council (ASC)
- Alberta Food Processors Association (AFPA)