During this coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, EHS Partnerships Ltd. (EHSP) offers both specialized and our regular services to clients and our community. As health and safety consultants, we can help manage the risks and respond to the rapidly changing conditions.
Our Services in Response to COVID-19
Based on a review of our clients’ needs and current government directives, we offer the following services to address COVID-19 specific concerns:
- Review of site-specific conditions and preparation of scopes of work for cleaning and disinfection.
- Assist building owners, property managers, and all contractors with selection of proper personal protective equipment (PPE), respiratory fit testing, and training associated with the use of N95 and other respirators.
- Provide guidance and procedures for cleaning and
disinfection of worksites which includes, but may not be limited to:
- Development of cleaning and disinfection strategies based on current guidelines;
- Recommendations of proper safe hygiene practices; and
- Proper decontamination techniques for workers and their equipment, including handling and cleaning of respirator protective equipment.
- Provide recommendations on medical monitoring of employees such as temperature readings and other related symptoms.
Changes in Selected Services
In compliance with guidance from government offices and updated best practices, we are modifying the way some of our services are currently being offered. These include the following:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR) Audits: As per Certifying Partners and the Partnerships in Injury Reduction, documentation only audits are now valid to maintain or renew a COR. This will be in effect until December 31, 2020. More information here.
- Asbestos Courses and Re-certification: To encourage minimizing contact between people, our asbestos courses scheduled for April and May 2020 have been cancelled. However, we will continue to facilitate re-certification and challenge exams. More information here.
Pending further direction from authorities, we will continue providing our services while applying the guidelines of our Pandemic / Infectious Diseases Contingency Plan and Emergency Response Plan. Our services include:
- Hazardous Materials Response (including asbestos air and bulk sampling, HAZMAT surveys, specification development, and abatement oversight)
- Indoor Air Quality Services (including mould inspections and air quality testing for various contaminants)
- Industrial Hygiene Consulting (including worker exposure assessments, turnaround support, and fatigue risk management)
- Workplace Safety Consulting (including legislative health and safety compliance and COR audits, program development and maintenance, and field safety services)
EHSP’s team of Professional Engineers, Certified Industrial Hygienists, Registered Occupational Hygienists, Canadian Registered Safety Professionals, Certified Health and Safety Consultants, and Canadian Risk Managers are here to help from our Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, and Winnipeg locations.
We are closely monitoring the evolving situation to ensure that we are providing clients the most up to date guidance.